WRIGHT MIDDLE MAGNET SCHOOL
CODE OF CONDUCT
Wright Middle Magnet School students are responsible for their own actions and property. The possession of any illegal item, substance or object is prohibited. Students found in possession of any illegal item, substance or object may be subject to both administrative and/or legal consequences. Wright Middle Magnet School has a ZERO TOLERANCE for weapons.
PROHIBITED ITEMS ON CAMPUS
The primary purpose of school is learning. Items that distract from the instructional environment, or that are illegal, are prohibited. These items include, but are not limited to:
1. Cellular phones, while permitted on campus, are subject to usage restrictions. All phones must be turned off from
the time the child arrives on campus until the sounding of the dismissal bell. Cell phones that are visible or audible
will be confiscated pending parent pick up only.
2. Cameras, iPods, smart watches, video games, personal iPads and tablets, headphones, ear buds and all other
3. While permitted on campus, bicycles, skateboards and scooters must be stored and locked in a designated area.
These items may not be ridden on campus at any time. We highly recommend helmets when traveling to and
4. Tobacco products (vape pens/e cigarettes), alcohol, drugs, matches, lighters or other controlled substances.
5. Aerosol cans of any kind (e.g. body sprays) Permanent marking pens, paint pens, laser pointer, White Out and
6. Firearms, knives, weapons of any kind or objects designed to harm.
7. Explosives devices of any kind. Toys, stuffed animals, balloons, cards, cakes or party supplies.
8. Large sums of money or valuable personal items are not to be brought to school.
9. Food, candy, gum, and beverages (except plain water) are prohibited in the classroom.
10. No “energy drinks” of any kind may be consumed while on school campus.
11. Glass bottles or containers are not permitted on campus.
12. The purchase and/or sales of items between students is prohibited (unless affiliated with a school-sponsored
13. Any item that causes a disruption to the learning environment or poses a danger to student safety are prohibited.
Any prohibited item(s) that are brought to school will be confiscated and held for pick up by parent or guardian. Repeated violations of school rules will be considered willful disobedience or defiance to school authority and can result in suspension, parent shadow and/or opportunity transfer. Infractions that threaten the safety or personal well-being of any student or school employee can lead to suspension, opportunity transfer, a recommendation for expulsion and/or arrest.