Parent/Family involvement is communicating and doing things with your student, your student's teacher, or your student's school to support your student's learning and success. Parents, family members, and other caregivers can be involved in a student's education in many ways.
In the Classroom/School:
- Ask Questions
- Attend your student's parent-teacher conferences
- Attend parent education and information events
- Serve on an advisory committee to provide input on important decisions
- Offer to help with homework
- Engage your student with talks about high school, college, etc.
- Read notes, announcements, Facebook, Twiiter, and check the school website
- Communicate with your student's teachers regularly